After I turned off my computer the first time round, I found myself with back and stomach pains more terrible than Terry's balls (ugh). I wanted to sleep, but I needed a hot drink to soothe the pain first. I don't like coffee, tea's full of caffeine and we have no Ribena to warm up (shame, I love that drink), so I went for hot chocolate.
I went downstairs and turned the kitchen light on, trying to be as quiet as I possibly could (despite our kettle being bloody loud). I made up my drink, and everything seemed well. But then I tried to get back upstairs, and things got worse.
Note that I turned the kitchen light on, and not the living room light, meaning that as soon as I turned the light off in the kitchen, I went completely blind. Now I thought I'd be OK, being as I've lived in this house for nearly 18 years and am likely to know my way around my own lounge. I got to the door, but I mistakenly thought that the door was open. It wasn't. I was sure that I'd spilt something, but I couldn't see how bad.
I felt my way over to the table, put my drink down and then walked into the kitchen. I don't know why, but instead of just switching the light on once, I frantically clicked away at the kitchen lightswitch, having forgotten that when the kitchen light is switched on and off too quickly it not only blows the light in there but in the whole of the downstairs of my house. I had no light to see where I'd spilt my drink.
I went out into the hallway to hope that the light worked there, but it didn't. I then tried to turn the front room light on and by a complete stroke of luck, it worked. I could see the area affected from there, so I could clean up. There was nothing really noticeable on the floor, but there was a large brown mark all down the clean white door. If I didn't clean it up, I would be in deep shit.
I then went back into the kitchen to get some paper towel, but I didn't know where it's kept and I wasn't going to try and find it in total darkness (the kitchen's too far away from the front room for me to see), so I got a tea-towel instead. I brought it to the door to clean off the chocolate, and I think (I hope) I got it all done. I put the towel back and went to turn the light off in the front room. I thought I may as well turn the computer (the family one which is networked to mine to give me internet access) off while I was there.
I started to walk into the front room, and thought, "Oh, shit". Jenny and her mate were in there, fast asleep. That or pretending to be - how could they be asleep with a bright light turned on? Needless to say, I didn't turn off the computer, just switched off the light and quietly legged it upstairs. I hope they didn't notice.
Anyway I went to my room (to clarify, the light is working here) and had my lovely drink. :) I still can't sleep, so I went to the bog (loud flush, probably woke the whole house up, but I can't stand it when people don't flush) and then went to my room and started writing this, which, as I said before, deleted itself, buggery. And just a couple of minutes ago, my dad got up to tell me off for being on my computer at this time. I obviously woke him up.
Oh yeh, and a cup of hot chocolate is 124 calories. Damn, if I knew that I would have washed out a cup from my room and had a drink of water from the bathroom tap, no need to go to the lounge and fuck things up. Dim dim dim Becke.
I'm dyspraxic, don't you know?